How To Get Better
- Wrap up warm.
- Cook yourself a big dinner and eat, eat, eat.
- Relax with good people.
- Run naked along the tip of a stormy Atlantic peninsula shouting “WE ARE THE REASON! WE ARE THE REASON! WE ARE THE REASON!”
- Eat plenty of custard creams and take enormous naps.
- Scratch all the good bits over and over, bend over and slap your fleshy parts.
- Wash over and over with lovely soap.
- Talk to strangers, especially delinquants and those mentally frail.
- Make your body as big as the room.
- Make your eyes go out to your arms.
- Situate your head down by your knees for a while.
- Masturbate frequently, always aware of the shaft of light shining upwards from your chest to divinity.
- The silence of that big house on that mountainside, at dawn in winter, is nestled gently inside your skull.
- Go around your house searching for the best noises. If something makes a good noise, make sure to let it know.
- Make a big cake and give it to strangers.
- Get drunk in a pub, get up on the table and do the exact dance that will help figure it all out.
- Eat a big bowl of coco pops.
- Get so cosy you could die.
- Lie on the sofa and wait.
© 2023 Timothy Cape